Shoei NXR Matt Black
Enter the all new Shoei NXR Matt Black. With a world-class team of designers and engineers leading the charge, SHOEI utilised its 55 year wealth of knowledge, state of the art wind tunnel facility, proprietary materials, and the industry’s most stringent quality assurance practices to develop the next-generation helmet. A lighter, more compact, streamlined helmet with next-level functionality, SHOEI’s NXR has evolved the pursuit of perfection to an all new level
- Compact, lightweight, aerodynamic design. The NXR sports a more compact and aerodynamic shell then the XR-1100 and is the lightest full face sports helmet in the Shoei Line
- Ventilation performance. Shoei engineers equipped the NXR with a large, three position lower vent shutter for ease of use with gloves, three upper vents for optimal air intake, and four upper exhaust vents to take full advantage of negative pressure suction. The end result is dramatically improved cool air intake and hot air extraction
- Precision QR-E base plate system. The NXR’s all new QR-E base plate system facilitates quicker shield changes than ever before. Once a shield is installed, the strengthened spring-loaded base plates pull the shield back against the dual-lip, dual-layered window beading to ensure a wind and water resistant seal. Add to the mix an all new five stage rotating dial that allows fine-tuning the base plate’s position easily and accurately.
- Multi-ply Matrix AIM+ shell. The NXR features the SHOEI Multi-ply Matrix AIM+ Shell construction. Combining fiberglass with organic fibres, the NXR proprietary AIM+ Shell is incredibly strong, extremely lightweight and comes in an industry leading four shell sizes to ensure a custom fit for heads between the sizes of XS-2XL
- Dual layer, multi-density EPS liner – not only provides enhanced impact absorption by utilising varying densities of foam in key areas around the riders head, it is also designed to allow cool air to travel unrestricted through channels created in the EPS, further enhancing the Shoei NXR Matt Black superior ventilation. In addition to enhanced impact absorption and ventilation, the precision placement of multi-density EPS liner material yields a more compact, lightweight design.
- Emergency Quick Release System (EQRS) – using technology borrowed from the X-12 helmet, allows emergency medical personnel to easily remove the cheek pads from an injured rider’s helmet. When the cheek pads have been removed, the helmet can be safely lifted from a rider’s head without creating unnecessary strain in the neck area.
- Fully removable, washable, adjustable and replaceable 3D Max-Dry System II interior. The 3D centre pad is three-dimensionally shaped to match the contours of a rider’s head, allowing for an extremely comfortable fit while maintaining the firm hold necessary for distraction-free, high-speed riding. Additionally, the NXR’s 3D-shaped cheek pads are available in multiple sizes in mulitple sizes for a customisable fit, and SHOEI’s Max-Dry System II liner material absorbs and dissipates sweat and moisture twice as fast as traditional Nylon helmet interiors.