Honda Launches New Africa Twin App
February 3, 2016 – Honda Motor Europe is pleased to introduce a unique new way to view the new CRF1000L Africa Twin – the Honda Africa Twin app.
The app uses CGI, advanced 3D modeling and augmented reality to allow the smartphone users to take a close-up look at all versions of the Africa Twin (standard, ABS and DCT) in the four colors available (CRF Rally, Africa Twin Tricolor, Digital Silver Metallic and Matte Ballistic Black Metallic). Using the rear camera on the device, users can take their newly-created virtual Africa Twin anywhere in their own environment – the garage, living room, desktop, etc.
The app can be used to:
- view the Africa Twin virtually from any angle and at any size
- change the model type and colour, to check the differences and choose preferences
- look at key features by swiping at the bottom of the screen
- “place” the Africa Twin in the user’s own environment by clicking the on-screen eye icon as the user points the device
- resize the virtual Africa Twin, capture the image and share it through social media
The app is already in use at Honda dealerships across Europe as a new way of allowing customers to see all the different versions of the all-new Africa Twin.
The app can be found on IOS and Android at the following links, or by searching for “Africa Twin” in the appropriate store.