The Honda Shop
“OUR COMMITMENT TO ENVIRONMENTAL PRACTICES AND THE PRESERVATION OF THE ENVIRONMENT FOR OUR CHILDREN AND FUTURE GENERATIONS IS NOT ONLY REFLECTED IN OUR DAILY BUSINESS ACTIVITES AND IN THE PRODUCTS THAT WE SELL BUT IT GOES DEEPER THAT AND IT BASED ON ACTIONS RATHER THAN WORDS.”
The Honda Shop and its committed management and staff have developed our statement based on the following:
- Complying with environmental regulations. The Honda Shop is a Green Stamp Accredited Motorcycle Dealership. Green Stamp is an award granted by the State Government for sound environmental practices in business.
- Conducting operations in an environmentally sound manner. Installation of Honda Solar Panels. The Honda Shop have installed a 5kw Solar panel system on the roof of their premises. Not only will this reduce their power bill but at the same time reduce their carbon footprint by many tonnes per annum
- Applying the principles of reduce, re-use and recycle in all processes. We also reuse our copy and fax paper. Doing this we save approx 14 trees which in turns saves 4 tonnes of carbon that they would absorb.
- Promoting environmental responsibility among employees. Encouraging segregated waste disposal from lunch and work areas.
- Where possible, selecting suppliers that share the same environmental values that we do.
- Encouraging continuous improvement in our environmental performance. Ongoing training and resource development.
- Clearly communicating and educating our environmental policy, practices and impact to interested parties. By displaying and promoting the Green Stamp Accreditation.
- Wise and efficient use of energy. We have begun the process of progressively changing our 258 showroom fluros to LED types that will save approx 50% of our lighting costs and in turn will further reduce our carbon footprint.
- Prevention of pollution and minimization of waste, by collecting used oil and products and paying for its safe removal from the premises. “Lumps’ in workshop floor to effectively manage oil and fuel spills to prevent pollution of ground and storm water systems.