Employment Positions Currently Available at The Honda Shop
At the Honda Shop we are always interested in hearing from people that can add value to our business. If you have excellent sales skills, good parts knowledge or you are a qualified Motorcycle technician we would like to hear from you.
Opportunities arise from time to time and it would be great to have your details on file.
Please send your resume via our contact form – Click Here
Current Positions Available (3)
Motorcycle Service Technician
Are you a passionate technician who is looking for some variation in your day? This could be the opportunity that you’ve been looking for. The Honda Shop is Western Australia’s largest Honda Motorcycle and Power Product Dealer and we currently have a vacancy for an experienced technician at our Midland dealership.
We will consider a 3rd or 4th year apprentice.
The Honda Shop offers you the unique opportunity to work on not only Motorcycles, ATV’s and Utility Vehicles, but also the full range Honda Power Equipment.
We’ll make you a better and more versatile technician, just by working here!
What we are looking for.
- Fully qualified technician with motorcycle experience.
- Must hold a Current West Australian driver’s license
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong Diagnostic Skills
- Must take pride in the quality of your workmanship.
- Honda experience a definite advantage.
- Motorcycle license RE Class (preferred)
What You’ll Do.
- Pre-Delivery of new products
- Scheduled Service Work.
- Recalls and Product Updates.
- Smash Repairs and Estimations.
- Tyre Changing and Balancing.
- Engine Rebuilds.
- Electrical Troubleshooting and Fault Diagnosis
- Quoting repairs both over the phone and in person.
- Other duties as required
You will have access to Honda’s high quality technical data to assist in diagnosing faults along with a direct line to their service department in Melbourne.
The successful applicant will be enrolled in Honda’s Certified Technician Program (HCT) enabling you to further your skills and knowledge through both on-line, and hands on training in Melbourne.
Working hours are currently modified due to COVID, times are 8.30 till 5.00pm Monday to Friday. (Normal hours: 8.00am – 5.00pm with Saturday morning work on a rostered basis with the other techs from 8.00 am till 12.00 pm.) Standard work hours will return at some stage in 2022.
Salary will be determined based on your qualifications and experience.
Staff discounts available on parts, accessories, motorcycles and more.
If you think this is the opportunity you have been looking for, apply now!
All applications will be strictly confidential.
Job Type: Full-time. We also encourage mature applicants to apply via our contact form – Click Here
Motorcycle Service Advisor
Are you a happy, outgoing person that loves Motorcycles and giving a great customer experience every time?
Western Australia’s largest Honda Motorcycle and Power Equipment dealership is looking for a service advisor for our busy workshop.
Don’t have previous Service Advisor experience, but have basic technical or Motorcycle knowledge. That’s fine, we will train you for this position.
Who you will work with:
We have a great mix of people currently working for us, Wannabe Mountain bikers, Video gamers, Private Pilots, Motorcycle riders, Graphic designers, Photographers, Accountants and others. We have family people, single people and we are sure you’ll find a new friend and workmate.
Our Hiring Process:
- You find or get sent this job a advert
- You read the ad
- It catches your interest and makes you want to find out more
- You tell us that you’re interested via an application, Email or a phone call
- We organise a time for you to come in for a chat and to meet the team
Your Best Attributes:
- Friendly and Outgoing
- Organisation skills
- A passion for motorcycles
- Good listener
- Team player working towards a common goal
As a Service Advisoryou will play a key role in the retention of our customers after the initial sale, whilst driving new business when the opportunity arises.
What will you be doing?
- Looking after our customers will be your number 1 priority.
- Working closely with our Sales and Parts departments.
- Organising and prioritising daily jobs for our technicians and pre delivery department.
- Answering incoming Phone Calls, Emails and speaking directly with customer’s instore. Booking in and scheduling all workshop jobs.
- Inspecting incoming product and recording required work whilst identifying any extra work that may be required.
- Accurately recording issues and data into the Dealer Management System. Your attention to detail is critical.
- We will train you to carry out the rest of your duties
This can be a high pressure position at times, so you must be capable of setting priorities and have the ability to multi-task whilst keeping a calm persona at all times.
What you need for this position
- Must be well presented with excellent customer service skills
- Reliable Good computer literacy with data entry ability
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Strong communication skills – on the phone and in person
- A good mechanical knowledge is advantageous
- Previous experience in a customer facing retail role
- Current West Australian driver’s license
- Unrestricted Motorcycle License (preferred but not essential)
- Passion and understanding of Motorcycles
- Be in good physical condition as lifting products that weight around 21kg is common.
This full-time position is available for immediate start.
You only get out what you put in, so make sure you include in your cover letter answers to the following questions!
- Why are you so passionate about motorcycles?
- How will your current skill set apply to the advertised role?
Salary will be negotiated based on your experience, Staff discounts are available on all of the products that we sell.
Apply via our contact form – Click Here
Motorcycle Sales Consultant
The Honda Shop, WA’s leading Honda Motorcycle Dealership is expanding our Sales team, so we are looking for Quality Sales People who are prepared to work hard to help us achieve our targets
The Motorcycle Industry has boomed during Covid 19, and there has never been a better time to be a Motorcycle salesperson, than right now!
The Honda Shop is a family run business and the number 1 Honda Motorcycle dealer in Western Australia.
About The Role
We are not looking for order takers, who sit and wait for it to happen. We are looking for an enthusiastic up and coming Motorcycle Sales Consultant who will take pride in the presentation of the showroom, someone who is willing to take a motorcycle out to a customer at his work place or Home, someone who is well organised and who understands that building relationships through excellent communication and follow up, is the key to your sales success.
To assist you in your role, we have an in-house Finance and Insurance consultant and In-house Marketing department.
If you currently work in the automotive industry and would like a change, please give us a call.
Full time Position
Maintain and develop existing and new customers through building strong Customer relationships and consistency of follow-ups.
Give excellent customer service at all times.
Manage and follow up all sales enquirie’s via phone, email, online or walk in’s using the provided Dealer Management Software.
Have a structured sales process that involves introduction to the Finance & Insurance and Parts and Accessories teams.
Have a keen attention to detail with your paperwork.
Be proactive in keeping up to date with product knowledge via the new model online training offered by Honda Australia.
Be available to attend Motorcycle and Trade shows throughout the year.
You will have:
Previous experience in an Automotive sales role (Preferred but not essential)
Clean presentation and friendly outgoing personality
Basic computer literacy, Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook, Internet
Motorcycle Technical knowledge or understanding of motorcycles is preferred
Excellent Phone manner and communication skills
R Class Motorcycle license preferred (RE license minimum requirement)
Be In good physical condition to push and move large motorcycles
Experience working in a high pressure team environment
In return we offer a competitive salary package for the right candidate and the commitment of ongoing training and support.
If you are a motivated sales guru who loves bikes, this is the greatest opportunity for you to work in an industry you are passionate about.
Normal Business hours: (Please note these are currently varied due to Covid 19)
Monday – Friday 8.00 am til 5.30 pm
Wednesday 8.00 am til 8.00 pm
Saturday 8.00 am til 1.00 pm
Please contact Sean Peters at The Honda Shop Midland via our contact form – Click Here